Can a General Dentist Provide Orthodontic Treatment?
A general dentist committed to completing the training and education necessary to become an orthodontist can provide orthodontic dentistry as one of their services- and there may be a few unique advantages to choosing a general dentist for your orthodontic care. Patients wearing braces require routine checkups and cleanings from a general dentist, so it makes perfect sense to select one dentist who can provide both services. If you’re searching for a qualified orthodontist in Mandeville, LA, consider Dr. Randall Foto.
Is It Important Which Dentist I Choose For Orthodontic Treatment?
One of the most important decisions you’ll make in the process of determining whether you need to have your teeth straightened is your choice of specialists. In your search for an affordable orthodontist, consider the following advice experts commonly provide to patients:
- Find an orthodontist practicing in a convenient location
- Work with an orthodontist willing to take your budget into account
- Look at all available options, from conventional braces to innovative, removable braces
- Set up a consultation appointment to ask questions and meet with the staff of your prospective orthodontist in Mandeville, LA.
Do I Need a Referral From My Dentist to See an Orthodontist?
In most cases, it’s not necessary to request a referral for orthodontic treatment; however, a professional referral can eliminate the headaches that come from visiting a less-than-reputable orthodontist. As a General Dentist and Orthodontist Specialist, Dr. Randall Foto offers convenient access to the latest orthodontic technology and procedures. Patients of all ages prefer clear, removable Invisalign braces- and we recommend them for the following amenities associated with treatment:
- Invisalign’s clear plastic aligners with smooth edges feel more comfortable than metal brackets and wires
- Removable aligners provide respite from wearing braces day and night- take them out for up to two hours each day.
- Discreet Invisalign eliminates peer pressure and improves your patient experience, allowing you to smile more naturally during treatment
- No wires or adjustments significantly reduces office visit lengths
- Remove aligners for brushing & flossing, eating, and sports activity
How Do I Choose a Reputable Orthodontist in Mandeville, LA?
Dental care experts highly recommend obtaining a personal referral from a friend or family member as the most reliable way to select an orthodontist. In many cases, a referral can result in a special discount or cost savings for the patient- best of all, you’ll have peace of mind that the braces specialist you choose comes recommended by someone you know and trust.
Meet with Dr. Randall Foto and his staff to discuss treatment options if you suspect you or your teenager needs braces. We offer a free consult to determine candidacy for treatment and provide additional information for you to take home and talk over with your family. New technology braces are an affordable way to straighten teeth, close gaps, and improve the appearance of your smile- and without the metal brackets, bands, and wires, modern braces are more comfortable than ever before.Orthodontist Mandeville LA
What is Family Dentistry?
There are several branches of dentistry- knowing which one is the right choice for you improves your patient experience when you need to see a dentist. You might choose a specialist practicing family dentistry if there are small children, adults, and seniors living in the same home, or when searching for a new dentist who can provide a full range of dental care services. Consider Dr. Randall Foto and his staff for affordable family dentistry in Mandeville, LA. See our ‘Services’ list when you browse our website for more information.
Are Family Dentists Also Pediatricians?
It’s surprising how many family dentists provide children’s dentistry yet fail to specialize in pediatric dental care. A Pediatric Specialist commits their practice to provide a unique experience for children, offering young patient education, caring and nurturing dental care, and equipment designed for smaller mouths. Your children of all ages will benefit from seeing our gentle, caring staff. Dr. Randall Foto believes in making sure your child’s first and subsequent visits to the dentist do not lead to traumatic memories. We know that a positive foundational experience leads to a lifetime of healthy smiles.
What is Preventive Dentistry?
The branch of preventive dentistry seeks to help patients avoid decay and costly treatments. Our practice offers a wide range of services and treatments that prevent issues from occurring later on in life. See us for all of the following:
- Sealants that prevent bacteria and sweets from ruining developing teeth
- Routine cleanings and checkups
- Sportsguards that protect teeth from injury
- Fluoride treatments to keep teeth strong
- Orthodontic treatment for a beautiful, straight smile
Meet with our staff during a consultation appointment to assess your family’s smile goals and create a treatment plan for each member of your family. We look forward to the opportunity to get to know you better and answer your questions about our services.
Family Dentist vs. General Dentist: What’s the Difference?
On the surface, it may not seem as though there is any difference between choosing a general dentist or a family dentist; however, there is one crucial factor that should make your selection clear- a General Dentist typically does not have the extensive training needed to become a Family Dentist. We want our patients to fully understand the benefits of selecting Dr. Randall Foto for family dentistry in Mandeville, LA:
- We offer in-depth patient education that results in better checkups
- Our staff’s Pediatric Dentistry training improves your child’s office experience
- Our services eliminate the need to see multiple dentists
- A quality dentist-patient relationship leads to a healthier smile
Schedule a new patient appointment with our team for everyone in your family and discover the multi-benefits of choosing a Family Dentist to keep your smiles looking their brightest. Rest easy knowing your comfort and safety are top concerns for our staff- we utilize the newest technology and laser treatments to provide quality family dentistry in Mandeville, LA.
View Larger Map